Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Vampirina Birthday Party

My Leila is 6 years old today. She is the sweetest little girl. She is a horse loving, bunny searching, craft making, joke telling, big sister. I love convos with her. I love how smart she is. We actually just got her report card back & she is just an amazing girl. She excelled in everything. Kindergarten has not been an easy transition. But I’m glad to say we are finally in the swings of things.
Birthday parties are my thing. I love planning. What Pinterest loving mommy doesn’t? But unfortunately we live in a tiny home & February is a tricky month in Texas (weather wise). So I usually book a place rather than try to cram all our family & friends in our house. This year my husband convinced me to do it again (for the 2nd time). Everyday I would look online at the weather forecast & hope for sun & warmth. The day of the party it was in the 60s. Not too bad. Didn’t rain but it lightly drizzled. Or do you call that fog? Day fog? Not sure but it worked out ok. My floors looked horrible but that’s ok.
On to the party details. Leila loves Vampirina of course. I didn’t want to spend so much this year so I tried to do this party on a budget (insert eye rolling, crying& laughing hysterically emoji here). Let’s just say this party cost about the same as any place I would have booked outside my home. But there was a ton more work put into it.
I only decorated one section of my home (dining area) & threw a bunch of balloons all over the floor.
I actually printed out a bunch of free online printables  here. I used the banner, cake toppers, ‘Welcome to my Birthday Party’ sign & thank you tags.
I also cut out these cute little foam bats out, attached sticker googly eyes & hung them upside down from my light fixture. I got the template off HGTV webpage.
Foam Bat Template


I made the sweets myself. Candy coated pretzels, marshmallows, & Oreo cookies. I made the mini cake & cupcakes myself. I did them from a box but  everyone seemed impressed I made them myself. For food I made pulled pork sandwiches, creamed corn, beans, pasta salad, nachos, hot dogs, jalapeño poppers & rice. I had like 4 crockpots going & my husband made a couple things on the grill outside. I also had jello & small ice cream cups which I actually forgot about until the party was dwindling down. Seems like a lot of food but I have a large family. About 20 kids plus their parents. 














The kids had fun & im happy I pulled it off. We had a pink castle bounce house, a table with Vampirina coloring pages & crayons (which I just printed off various websites online) & a bunch of outdoor toys for the kids, we pulled out the garage. 
Games we played:
Pass the Parcel, Donut eating contest, Oreo face (I’m not sure what this game is called but you place an Oreo on your forehead & try to make it to your mouth only using your facial muscles), Musical Chairs & of course the Vampirina Piñata. The games were hilarious & so fun. It’s so nice to hear your child say at the end of the day, “Best Birthday party ever!”  







No comments:

Post a Comment