Monday, March 16, 2015

1st Blog Post

Hi. My Name is Genissa and this is my first Blog post.
I have always wanted to start my own blog, but truthfully I've been a little frightened. As a full time working mommy to a beautiful 2 year old, I knew starting a blog wouldn't be the easiest thing to accomplish. I've been a huge blogger fan since way before Pinterest came along. Although I do admit Pinterest has inspired me to start reading again & of course finally start my own blog.
The main reason why I use to find myself wishing I had a blog was to mainly do tutorials. I use to scour the web & Martha Stewart website back in the day just to find a simple way to make something myself or as they say, DIY. Call me cheap or thrifty, but I don't see the point in purchasing something from a store when I can easily (or not so easily) make it myself. I definitely take after my creative dad.
So with that being said, I want to dedicate this blog to my crafts. Crafting in my world is not just me sitting at my desk making scrapbooks, although admittedly I used to make them years ago. Crafting to me is everything I make from my own two hands from scratch. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I know I can create something out of nothing.
Join me as I cook, bake, throw parties, sew baby clothes, plant a garden, make wreaths & everything in between. I'm no professional, but I enjoy this crafty life. I hope you feel inspired to craft or create too.
-GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment